Photo: Brian Bohannon
Once in a while, I read something so ridiculous, I know it can't be true. It's either a lie ("vaccines gave my son autism")... or satire. So I double check the source, the nature of the website, and the author, to get to the bottom of things.
This week was one of those times. One of my well-meaning-but-emotional-and-confused Facebook friends shared White people, here are 10 requests from a Black Lives Matter leader, by Chanelle Helm is cofounder and core organizer of Black Lives Matter Louisville. In it, she literally wrote that white people must:
1. Will their houses to black people.
2. If you inherit property, give it to black people.
3. If you're a developer, build a complex in a black neighborhood and let black people live there for free.
4. Move to a smaller house ("downsize") and give your old house to black people.
5. Write "racist assholes" (probably including people who buy the wrong shampoo or celebrate Cinco de Drinko)
6. Donate to black land purchasing funds every single month.
7. Get your friends fired because they're "racist."
8. Get al your friends from the Klan fired.
9. If you overhear private conversations black people wouldn't like, secretly take pictures and stalk the people responsible. Get them fired, and also, physically attack them.
10. Fight White Supremacy by fighting white people and donating your money to black people at every opportunity.
8/17/2017 1 Comment
I won't defend the violent actions of hate groups in Charlottesville this week. Hate is sick and ugly, and the alt-right can be just as retarded, hypocritical and snowflake-y as SJWs.
But. I will say that the regressive, illiberal left -- the part that considers words to be violence, and actual, physical violence to be an acceptable response to "offensive" speech and actions (including, say, public lectures about intelligence and wearing dreadlocks) -- may be complicit in the murder of Heather Heyer, a Charlottesville paralegal who died when James Alex Fields sped his car into a crowd of counter-protestors last Saturday.
A new Streamable video shows that, immediately before speeding up his car, which was basically idling, an emotional illiberal struck his car with a blunt object (originally thought to be a baseball bat, but now thought to be a flag pole):
8/11/2017 3 Comments
Last November, I wrote I Changed "Men" to "Black People" in an Everyday Feminism Post, and Here's What Happened. Although it drew some criticism from the regressive left ("There is no such thing as reverse racism because of the POWER STRUCTURE!"), it also resonated with a group of people who have been villainized simply due to their genitals.
Since then, much has happened. Everyday Feminism nearly went out of business -- because, it turns out, in order to make money, you need mentorship, experience and a business plan -- not just a bunch of whiny, underpaid writers with degrees in feminist dance therapy.
Also since then, several readers have requested an updated version of the article, in which I replace "men" with "Muslims". This is a fantastic idea! According to Jonathan Haidt, author of The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Religion and Politics, regressive liberals like to hold certain groups and ideologies "sacred," above criticism, skepticism, and open discussion. Their fervor is zealous -- religious, even.
And currently, Islam is among the "sacred", protected class of ideologies. Which is hilarious -- so-called "feminists" actively support oppressive and sometimes violent attitudes towards woman. (See also: If You Care About Women's Rights, Stop Saying Islam is a Religion of Peace.)
So... let's see what happens when we replace "men" with "Muslim" in the Everyday Feminism article, Think It's #NotAllMen? These 4 Facts Prove You're Just Plain Wrong.